Axon’s Management Consultants LLC (Trading as Florida-Golf Villas)
Throughout these conditions, ‘we’, or ‘our’ refers to the above company while is owned by the Daughters of Roy F. Axon. ‘The Guests’ refers to the person responsible for booking the vacation villa, ‘Representative’ is the management company who are located close by our villa.
- BOOKING. The signing of the booking form confirms the acceptance of the terms & conditions set out below & shall be binding on the persons intending to occupy the premises whether or not such persons have signed the booking form. Each booking will be confirmed as soon as possible after receipt of the signed booking form & the appropriate deposit. Only persons named on the booking form are allowed to stay in the house as Florida State Law prohibits subletting, sharing or assigning.
- RESERVATION DEPOSIT & PAYMENT OF BALANCE. The reservation deposit of £200/$300 is payable by personal cheque or credit card. Booking will be confirmed on receipt of deposit & the completed & signed booking form. The full balance is payable no later than 8 weeks prior to the date of departure &we reserve the right to cancel the booking if payment is not received by the due date. Security deposits will be returned within 14 days after departure (subject to any deductions to cover any damages or extras if applicable).
- BREAKAGES OR DAMAGES. Any breakages or damage found on the guests’ arrival must be reported to our representative immediately. Thereafter any damage or deficiency found following the guests’ departure will be attributable solely to the lead guest & will be deducted from security deposit, any excess to this will be invoiced; payment for any extra damage must be made within 14 days of receipt of invoice.
- CANCELLATIONS. If the guest cancels after the booking is confirmed, the deposit will be forfeited. If the guest cancels within 56 days to 30 days before the arrival date 50% of the total cost will be forfeited. Additionally, if the guest cancels within 30 days of the departure date, the full rental will be forfeited. All cancellations must be confirmed in writing by the person who signed the booking form. IMPORTANT! – We strongly recommend guests take out adequate holiday insurance for your whole party, which should include cancellation charges cover for whatever reason, as soon as you have booked any part of your holiday. If you choose not to do so, you need to be aware that you will personally be responsible for payment of any cancellation charges which may become due. Guests should ensure all documents such as passports, visas, ESTA’s are in order well before traveling time as we cannot accept responsibility for any delays.
- AVAILABILITY. The villa will be available for occupation from 4pm on the first day of the rental period & must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure, unless a ‘late stay’ is available and has been arranged. ‘Late stays’ are solely dependent on the next guest’s arrival time.
- FORCE MAJEURE. We accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any loss or damage or alteration to the terms of booking caused by events beyond our control including (but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing) war, terrorism, civil commotion, flight delays or cancellations, adverse weather conditions,fire, flood or industrial dispute. Highlands Reserve is a completed community and our villa is detached with open golf course views to the rear and shrubs between villas next door. However no liability is accepted by the Owner for loss of mains services or failure of appliances, nor for the consequences of the actions or omissions of persons who may control supply of mains service, landscaping or roads, nor any actions taken in the vicinity of the property by any authority over which the Owner has no control.
- POOL HEAT. If you have requested pool heat, the temperature cannot be guaranteed as it is subject to prevailing weather conditions, etc.The pool heater is only turned on once payment is received so, if requested & paid to our representative on site, the pool/spa could take some time to heat up to temperature. During the cooler months the pool cover should be used to retain the heat & this is the responsibility of the guest at the time. We will not enter into discussion concerning any complaints regarding pool temperatures. However, in the event of pool heater breakdown, or other circumstances beyond our control, we (or our representative) will do our utmost to rectify the problem ASAP. In such an event our liability will be limited to refunding the pool heat payment to the guest for the number of full days the heater was out of action only – no other compensation will be paid.
- COMPLAINTS. If a problem arises relating to the premises the client should contact our representative. Details are enclosed in the information folder, which will be found on arrival at the premises. Unless there is a valid reason, we will not be liable for any complaint that was not initially registered with the representative during your stay.
- GUESTS RESPONSIBILITIES. The party must treat the villa, its furniture, fittings, utensils & other facilities with respect. Any loss or damage must be reported immediately to our representative. The guest must make good or pay for any loss, damage or breakage, & undertake to pay for any loss or damage caused to the property or its contents by any member of the party.
- SAFETY & SECURITY. We or our representative reserves the right to enter the premises at any time for whatever reason. The property is fitted with an intruder alarm. Instructions of how to set this are located in the manual and on the alarm box. The alarm should be set when leaving the villa or the insurance will be void and responsibility of losses will pass to the guest.
- PRICE GUARANTEE. The price of renting the premises is fully guaranteed & no surcharges will be added to the cost shown on the booking form so long as the villa is left as found.
- CLEANING. The villa will be cleaned prior to your arrival & after you have departed. Although the villa is cleaned after your departure, we would ask that it is left in an orderly state & the utensils should be washed and stored.
- BROCHURE DESCRIPTIONS. All brochure descriptions are made in good faith & every care is taken to ensure their accuracy, but no liability will be accepted in the even of any error or miss-descriptions. Many of the items in our home are provided as a courtesy to guests free of charge & the provision of these items does not form part of the contract. We cannot guarantee that all facilities will always be available & guests should satisfy themselves that the items are of a standard appropriate for their family & that the items meet their requirements for use. Use of such items will imply the guest’s satisfaction with the safety of such items.
- NO SMOKING POLICY. Smoking is not permitted inside the house, but guests may smoke within the pool area.
- PETS. Are only allowed on the premises strictly with prior consent from the owners and never in the pool area. The feeding of any wildlife is strictly prohibited in Florida & carries strict penalties.
- POOL, HOT TUB OR SPA & SURROUNDING AREA. All notices posted should be obeyed. Children must be supervised at all times but particularly when in the pool, hot tub, spa and surrounding area. No responsibility will be accepted by the owner or their agent for accidents that may occur on any part of the property or its grounds. All facilities are provided at guests own risk. Particular care should be taken when entering the villa from the pool as interior floors will be slippery when wet. The pool is chlorinated for safety but the water will bleach fabrics so bathers should ensure they are as dry as possible when entering villa & not leave wet clothes etc on furnishings. Door alarms must not be disabled. They are an added safety requirement. Do not remove surface or chemical skimmer from any hot tub. Please keep all covers in place when not in use.
- AIR CONDITIONING. Patio doors & windows must remain closed at all times when the air conditioning is in use. Guests should not tamper with controls, if necessary see the representative for help.
- BARBECUE. Where a gas grill is provided for guests use, this should be used under the lanai & the guest is responsible for cleaning the grill before departure. If the following guest finds that the bbq has not been cleaned then a cleaning fee of $50 will be deducted from the security deposit. Gas is supplied on an informal basis. If the cylinder is full during your stay then please feel free to use it, if however it runs out during your stay, refills are available nearby for approximately $14 (guests will be refunded up to this amount by forwarding the receipt).
- TELEPHONE & PC. Having suffered the difficulties of using credit & phone card systems while in the USA, the owners have supplied a Vonage phone system and broadband facilities (please ensure that you do not download any item that may cause offence to others). The phone provides free national & international calls for all guests. Calls to premium rate lines & mobile numbers are chargeable and will be invoiced on your return. Consumables are not provided for. We cannot be responsible for outside supplies, the we are responsible for the payment of those suppliers.
- CONTRACT. This contract is governed & shall be interpreted in accordance with English law & the parties hereto shall both submit to the jurisdiction of the English or Florida State courts.